Join the Poplar Tree PTA!
The cost to join the PTA is $20.00 per family per year. This membership fee allows up to two members of your family to join and also provides an additional benefit of receiving a student directory. The PTA helps to support the school and funds activities such as field trips, author visits, cultural events, plays, spelling bees, teacher grants, sixth-grade party, teacher appreciation, etc. Without the PTA the school would not have the money to fund all of these things.
If you are a teacher, the cost to join for the 2016-2017 school year is just $5.00. This cost covers the Fairfax County, Virginia, and National PTA dues that we must pay on your behalf.
To join the PTA, please use our online form. There is an option to pay immediately by using PayPal or you may pay with cash or a check payable to the Poplar Tree PTA to the front office. Please note your reference number on your check. Payment may also be made during Back-to-School nights and PTA meetings.
Why join the PTA? The number one reason to join the Poplar Tree Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child/children. In doing so, you also help Poplar Tree Elementary. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at Poplar Tree.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences and have fun too!
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with our PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child/children and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more. To see a full list of benefit providers, please visit the national PTA website.
Become a PTA member and join more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association. Please see our Committees and Contacts pages for more information on how we can use your talents to improve our school and brighten our children’s futures. Thank you for joining us!